What's new

Broken camera.....

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: So I have no idea how this happened, my camera has been in the same drawer in my desk for months with no problems at all. Yesterday I went to take some pics of a few recent finds and discovered that the screen on my camera is cracked! This is the third camera I've had in a year, one is probably still laying wherever I dropped it in the woods, another drowned when I got caught in the rain, and now this......

Anyway, does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement screen? It's a Vivitar T024, I'd much rather fix this one instead of buying a new camera.
 
Well, I guessed you replaced that camera by now with another one :tongue3:

I am on my 3rd camera.. The good thing is the price has been dropping at a steady pace. Got a Nikon Coolpix for $88.. Best buy them soon, there is a good chance these cameras will no longer be on the market due to the quality now given by most cell phones :laughing7:
 
I haven't gotten another one yet, but it's looking like that's how I'll have to go, I just need one that is indestructible, and that will follow me through the woods if I drop it. :tard:
 
Whatever you end up doing I recommed one of these. I keep my camera in it (and a spare battery) even in the house.

I think I paid $6 off Amazon for a simple black one.


cc-cm002af-blk-0_2.jpg
 
Good luck on that indestructible thing :laughing9:

I bought a Swissgear camera case, well padded; but I bet if it drops the camera screen will crack anyway. :laughing7:

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6277146&CatId=514

This week my luck also ran out on my sirus radio, same thing cracked screen. I can still listen to the radio, but can't read the artist alerts. Big deal, I'll live with that; it's much better than paying another $116 to replace the radio.

I tell you, these companies have a good racket going with teh electronics today. The unit s body will last, but the screen is doomed.

I think I'll get into the screen replacement business. Yeah, that's the ticket :laughing9:
 
I did a quick search and found this link, I don't know if they have your model but it's worth giving them a try. Good Luck :icon_thumleft:

http://www.uscamera.com/


hammered
 
I guess im the lucky one I have four never had an issue buy a new one every two years. Screens are not worth replacing easier to buy new one and not to put in drawer. Good luck
 
Why not just get one of those Indestructable Go Pro II's? They are only about 300.00......NGE
 
NGE wow.... I'd have to find... let's see... almost a million pennies to buy that. :laughing7:

Yea, I ain't so good in math :tongue3:
 
Sparty.....You are a RICH man. From what I read on these pages, you have an opinion about everything. You don't need no stinkin' camera, you have what every American should have, " Freedom of Speach!" Never give up that one. Go give 'em hell Sparty......NGE
 
Me opinionated :icon_scratch: Nah, that's just your imagination running wild :tongue3:

But I do have my share of fun here :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom