What's new

Broken mid section??

Henryadams1492

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on a late woodland site, on the fence with this one. Does this look like a broken mid section of a point? From Nw Indiana . Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    89.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Might be hard to ever say one way or another, but when trying to determine that, one shot you always need is a shot showing the profile of the interior. Most styles will show distinct profiles, like biconvex for instance. But, it's a pretty small piece, and it might be tough to tell for sure.....
 
I was thinking yes until I saw the 3rd pic... It doesn't look rite I'm leaning towards maybe a rough preform if anything at all
 
Here are better pics-will this help?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 96
Yeah, it looks like one to me. Pretty small so hard to say what it was meant to be. I'll throw it in my broke pile....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom