What's new

Holly Smokes what a knife

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
Went out today found plenty of pottery, broken things, one point which was tiny and used up. I was thinking well I will walk one more gravel bar where I’ve been finding the broken SR points. I found another tip made from quartzite. I saw where the water had cut a long narrow bar full of rocks. I thought I might as well look and lo and behold I saw this huge knife laying on the gravel with creek dust all over it. First thing I said was Holly Smokes what a knife 😀
NW Georgia
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7475.webp
    IMG_7475.webp
    406.1 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_7483.webp
    IMG_7483.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_7477.webp
    IMG_7477.webp
    196.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_7478.webp
    IMG_7478.webp
    205.8 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
I’m dating this one as a Benton Knife due to all of the Savannah River points I have found there over the past year. So this would be an Archaic Knife about 6,000 years old. Thanks I’m glad you guys liked it as much as I did finding it. I’m wanting to go today but have to do yard work instead.
Happy Hunting everyone
 
That’s one that’ll spark you. I don’t know about you but when I get a nice one next thing I know I’ve gone full bird dog occasionally even crawled in spots and lose several hours. Really nice blade
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom