What's new

BRONZE AGE CHISEL 1200-800 BC

mattdiver

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
252
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Whites Surfmaster PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks .Had a great day detecting today .Found a Bronze Age Tanged chisel 1200-800 BC .Never found one before but have found Bronze age artefacts in past as seen in(My best finds section )on Treasurenet. Bronze age stuff is very rare to find and I feel lucky to do it again.It was found on the top of a hill .Good vantage point. Maybe it was a votive deposit.It was about 6 inch in soil. I also found some bronze dross about 20 metres from chisel .Will keep looking. Field ploughed in past .Worked this field 20 years ago but no joy. Will inform Finds liason officer and farmer. Well chuffed.Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 113.webp
    113.webp
    49 KB · Views: 216
  • 152.webp
    152.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Hi Matt, this is extremely cool! Always wanted to find one of them but its still waiting out there somewhere. ;) I Like the Patina a lot...
 
Congrats on hitting bronze age! You reached the borderline for detectorists... :notworthy: And that hill looks almost perfect!
 
Excellent find...........I, too, would love to find one of those!
Great looking hilltop............should be other good find's there!
 
Great find!!
 
You have a real nice field to hunt, thats a great find...
 
Very nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom