What's new

Bronze Roman comb...

HISPAN

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
5,161
Reaction score
605
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello friends ..... I found a bronze comb and some other things. Also 19th century medal, one key 17th or 18th century and a more things.

UPDATED:

I corrected ... I'm not entirely sure that the comb is from the Roman era. what that was found near the remains of a Roman camp, but after some research and come to the conclusion that it could be maybe later medieval or later centuries ... these combs were built until Century 19th .... therefore it is not sure Roman .
and I can not rectify the post advertised that do not. :BangHead:
Greetings! :thumbsup:

kljkkñokpñokpoko 100.webp
 

Attachments

  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 101.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 101.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 665
  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 108.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 108.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 669
  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 124.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 124.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 672
  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 116.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 116.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 659
  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 132.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 132.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 659
  • kljkkñokpñokpoko 096.webp
    kljkkñokpñokpoko 096.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: wtg sweet finds
 
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

What's the thing bottom right :o
 
shaun7 said:
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

What's the thing bottom right :o
Hi Shaun! .... found it in a new area for me . rich in medieval objects .. the comb will be an exception. ;D
 
Last edited:
The comb is incredible. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)
 
Now that is history. You are a lucky dog.
 
Nice super old relics. What a crude comb ::) Times have really changed the modern man :laughing7:
 
I am afraid I have to say that the Comb is definitely not Roman. After a comparison with finds from Roman sites throughout Europe no single comb is known made of bronze, all were made of bone. Although it is certainly made not before the 19th century, it still is a nice find (like the other stuff, too).
 
A very nice assortment of coin and relic there :icon_thumleft:
 
wow :o ...nice finds congrats... :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom