What's new

Brooch, seal, what is it?

Nick79

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Messages
763
Reaction score
1,929
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like it's wrapped in fine copper wire, it has that greenish tint. Found in an area that has had activity from the 1800s to now.
Thanks for any help. 20180812_151100.webp
 
Can you something a little tougher to ID.:laughing7: A little more imfo please. Like place, City etc.
Side note: I'm sure someone can help. Nice find.Congrats
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Above this old bridge in the bay area California. I know it's tough, but this group always amazes me haha 20180812_174110.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the hand from a clock.
 
Upvote 0
could it be a roach clip with one of the prongs broken off?
 
Upvote 0
A local artifact expert said it is a typical Spanish/Mexican pendant to a friend of mine who showed him a picture.
 
Upvote 0
Is the hole at the end square? If it is I'm sticking with my first guess of a hand from a clock.
 
Upvote 0
Nope, it's round
 
Upvote 0
Is the pointy end broken or made that way?

If made that way, it looks like a seam ripper for sewing. Possibly hung from a chatelaine. Victorian /Edwardian era.

If broken... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
It's broken, I was thinking the broken side would look like the other end. There were lots of little shards of that metal around it
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a broken bar brooch/pin? Are you sure it is copper? It looks very rusty for copper.

It does have that Mexican folk art filigree look to it...

IMG_9332_51d0f28c-d832-4b80-8cc8-ca8ad996606b_900x.webp
 
Upvote 0
Not copper, I said wrapped in copper. It is just that thin wire that is wrapped around the iron. But yes has that Mexican filigree look, thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom