Browns

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up these beauties today for $2 a piece. Stopped by my local coin shop afterwords and they offered to buy them for $5 a piece.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534482917.148774.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534482960.533856.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534482981.986075.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you take the $5 ? I paid a toll bill in Oklahoma once with one of those proof Ike dollars. I pulled up to the toll booth and the guy said it was 3 bucks. I had 2 one dollar bills in my wallet. I said I got only 2. He said well you'll get as far as that light pole a few yards down the road and the highway patrol will pull ya over and give you a 50 dollar fine. I had a 40% Ike in a protective case in my briefcase. I got it out and preyed the case open with my pocket knife and handed to a lady with the guy the beautiful coin and she looked dumbfounded at it. I said that's legal US tender. The guy got all excited and said to the lady yeah, yeah, yeah you can take that and then he asked me if I had anymore. I said I did, but they ain't for you jerk. I don't think I've ever driven into the toll roads of Oklahoma ever again. I think it's asinine of any state that rigs toll roads to stretches of interstate highways, when there's so many other states you can go across border to border without having to pay their road maintenance. This of course has left me an opinion about the state of Oklahoma ever since.

OP
OP
H

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t take the $5 a piece. Think I should or private party it.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holt, funny you mention tolls, while working out if state, I ran into a string of tolls in WV... $2.00, $2.00 etc.. the next toll I thrust 2 dollar bills into the girls hand and sped off. The weird look on her face made me wonder if I'd done something wrong...I radio ahead to one of the other trucks I was traveling with, and asked what the toll was at that last toll booth, I hear "$3.25"....ugh..Ddf.

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn’t take the $5 a piece. Think I should or private party it.

You can get more than that. I sold one that was not in great shape and clouded without the box for $7.95 last week.

OP
OP
H

Holt0222

Sep 24, 2015
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok that’s what I was thinking. I figured should be an easy $10 a piece. Since they are in spectacular condition.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was a post about the Cleveland Browns at first. I thought instantly you lost money!
Will see. Only preseason game on TV tonight is the Bills and Browns. I'm thinking Cleveland just may have a winner with this Baker Mayfield dude.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Ike’s..... and yeah, the Browns suck.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice coins! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread