What's new

Bucket list find!

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a quick hunt this afternoon at my new permission site. I got a flat button and an 1873 Indian and what I thought was a wheaty. I didn't realize till I got home that I had a Flying Eagle Cent. I never found one. Its pretty toasted but good enough to get a date and see what it is. Good Hunting! Mark 100_16971_zps35dkgn5m.webp100_16981_zpsaiqvhfvp.webp100_17031_zpsq2pn19id.webp100_17021_zpsgmk6fntw.webp100_17011_zpsura0mlmh.webp
 
Upvote 46
That Flying Eagle is on a lot of bucket lists! I've only found one, and mine is in worse shape than yours.
 
congrats on that flying eagle, and that '73 Indian head ain't too shabby either
 
Congrats, sweet find!
 
Congrats on finding the Flying Eagle!

That is one hard coin to find. Well played.
 
Thanks for all the replies! It was nice to find an unfamiliar coin. Best of luck to everyone! Mark
 
Tats a great find my turn next!!!!!
 
Sweet! Flying Eagles are really cool!
 
Congrats on the Flying Eagle. If you can see the Eagle then its good enough. With such a short lived series, that coin is a tough one to find. I have had only one show up under my coil !
 
Way to go!!! Still on my bucket list, my friend found two of them last Saturday . Enjoy, and HH
 
Congratz on a very rare bucket lister!
 
Congratulations! I found my first flying eagle this year also, although mines even more toasted than yours. That 1873's a better date also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom