What's new

Buckle? help!

ashmweber

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 12, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Please help id this, we found out on our family land near an old house site.
 

Attachments

  • Picture0023.webp
    Picture0023.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 169
It's part of the clasp for a web belt (military style cotton belt).
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Charlie P. It's definitely from a US Army 2-piece buckle for web-belt.

As to its time-period, I'd say approximately mid-20th-century. I used an army web-belt with that exact type of buckle back when I started relic-hunting in the early 1970s. Bought it at an army-surplus store. I believe mine was Vietnam-war surplus, but it might have been Korean-war surplus.
 
Upvote 0
I'd go with Korea to Vietnam era, also. I had one from a surplus shop that I bought in the early 80's that held 25 shotshells. The WWII & earlier were similar but had a "T" on one side and a loop it fit into on the other.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom