thrillathahunt Silver Member Joined Jul 24, 2006 Messages 4,601 Reaction score 953 Golden Thread 0 Location TEXAS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 30, 2009 #1 Is this buckle equestrian related? Or for some other purpose? Magnet sticks to it. Measures 2 1/4 X 1 7/8 in. Found at a mid to late 1800's site. Attachments 100_2203.webp 8.7 KB · Views: 181
Is this buckle equestrian related? Or for some other purpose? Magnet sticks to it. Measures 2 1/4 X 1 7/8 in. Found at a mid to late 1800's site.
johnnyi Bronze Member Joined Jul 4, 2009 Messages 1,887 Reaction score 146 Golden Thread 0 Location new jersey Detector(s) used minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jul 30, 2009 #2 That is exceptionally cool. I never saw an iron oval fixed pin one like that before. It looks almost like a pull of some kind, but I guess it must be a buckle. Can't wait to hear what is is and its date. congrats! Upvote 0
That is exceptionally cool. I never saw an iron oval fixed pin one like that before. It looks almost like a pull of some kind, but I guess it must be a buckle. Can't wait to hear what is is and its date. congrats!
Montana Jim Gold Member Joined Sep 18, 2006 Messages 11,705 Reaction score 148 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Jul 30, 2009 #3 Neat piece... was it, or do you think it was ever broken? I drew what it may have looked like as a complete buckle. Upvote 0
Neat piece... was it, or do you think it was ever broken? I drew what it may have looked like as a complete buckle.
thrillathahunt Silver Member Joined Jul 24, 2006 Messages 4,601 Reaction score 953 Golden Thread 0 Location TEXAS Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 30, 2009 Thread Owner #4 That's a good question Jim. There is a little "bump" of metal on one side. Attachments 100_2318.webp 8.4 KB · Views: 170 Upvote 0
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Jul 30, 2009 #5 No help in identifying it, but that is probably the neatest looking iron buckle I have seen! Upvote 0