What's new

buckle ID needed please -- Ill call it solved: sash buckle & 1/2 a dress buckle

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
buckle ID needed please -- I'll call it solved: sash buckle & 1/2 a dress buckle

This one ranks among my favorite finds, but I have never been able to identify it. Both pieces were found together, but I don't think they go together somehow, but they might. Any ideas on either one? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • unknownbucklefront.webp
    unknownbucklefront.webp
    150.4 KB · Views: 578
  • unknownbuckleback.webp
    unknownbuckleback.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 463
Re: buckle ID needed please

I believe the smaller piece is one half of a dress buckle. The missing half would be a mirror image of it, and the two together would look something like this:

b.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: buckle ID needed please

PBK said:
I believe the smaller piece is one half of a dress buckle. The missing half would be a mirror image of it, and the two together would look something like this:

Nice graphics! You may be on to something there. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Re: buckle ID needed please

creskol said:
PBK said:
I believe the smaller piece is one half of a dress buckle. The missing half would be a mirror image of it, and the two together would look something like this:

Nice graphics! You may be on to something there. Thanks!

Theres no may about it :-* :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: buckle ID needed please

CRUSADER said:
creskol said:
PBK said:
I believe the smaller piece is one half of a dress buckle. The missing half would be a mirror image of it, and the two together would look something like this:

Nice graphics! You may be on to something there. Thanks!

Theres no may about it :-* :laughing7:


Oh .. Right .. May is over and it's June 2 .. What on earth was I thinking? :sleepy2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom