What's new

Buckle id, old? new?

Tnrelicman

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
351
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Found this item for sale, but person selling doesn't know anything about it, and niether do I, any help would be great.
 

Attachments

  • 3k53pe3l75O65T35R5abad9ec8b196e291c07.webp
    3k53pe3l75O65T35R5abad9ec8b196e291c07.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 209
My first thought upon seeing the star was that it could be related to early law enforcement of some sort - sheriff maybe?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the garter/buckle/strap says DIAMOND JUBILEE, so it is Victoria, and the date is 1897.
 

Attachments

  • Victoria.webp
    Victoria.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
I have no idea of what it says, I only have the picture to go by, but it does look like the queen
 
Upvote 0
Tnrelicman said:
I have no idea of what it says, I only have the picture to go by, but it does look like the queen
Ask the seller "what does it say?" and then do a Google search of the words followed by the word buckle. If you cant find it, post it (the words) back here.
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Looks like the garter/buckle/strap says DIAMOND JUBILEE, so it is Victoria, and the date is 1897.

I agree its the old vailed head of Queen Victoria & looks to be a type of (buckle :dontknow: )
 
Upvote 0
A better photo would be nice ! :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom