gmanlight
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2007
- Messages
- 823
- Reaction score
- 66
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- MA NH seacoast
- Detector(s) used
- what ever works
On here now & days i'm never sure.kuger said:Are you sure Pete??I see the pics(great reference by the way!)but I have found these in late 1800-mid 1900 sites.I have zero 1600-1700 history in my sites??
But I'm sure ones I've dug just like it date to that age & are.As nothing 1800's at all came from them sites.Some I think are spur buckles some they consider shoe buckles.
Timekiller said:On here now & days i'm never sure.kuger said:Are you sure Pete??I see the pics(great reference by the way!)but I have found these in late 1800-mid 1900 sites.I have zero 1600-1700 history in my sites??
But I'm sure ones I've dug just like it date to that age & are.As nothing 1800's at all came from them sites.Some I think are spur buckles some they consider shoe buckles.
http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/B/buckles.htm
Some I've found
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,390586.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,309207.0.html
Take Care,
Pete,![]()
CRUSADER said:I'm not so sure its that old, the form is right but just doesn't have the right look/patina/metal type. It also has very crisp casting/edges. Seems to have kept too well in the ground.
Can we have more pictures & info about where/depth & soil conditions etc...
(I just need convincing)
Silver Searcher said:CRUSADER said:I'm not so sure its that old, the form is right but just doesn't have the right look/patina/metal type. It also has very crisp casting/edges. Seems to have kept too well in the ground.
Can we have more pictures & info about where/depth & soil conditions etc...
(I just need convincing)
The metal contruction would determin the age, looks like stamped brass..1900s, the earlier one's would have been copper alloy(bronze)
SS
Pop that baby in some hot peroxide & give it a boil.To me it just looks like caked on field dirt covering what we need to see.I did not know they made that type in the 1800's news to me.gmanlight said:Hi all take your best shot , i can take it .
Pic num 2 has the same leaf , both sides as mine .
Its all good
I thought it was mid 1800s
? Not doubting no one just want to see one so I know how they look.Pete...give me 24 hrs,I think I know where mine are,but wont be able to get pics up till tomorrowTimekiller said:Pop that baby in some hot peroxide & give it a boil.To me it just looks like caked on field dirt covering what we need to see.I did not know they made that type in the 1800's news to me.gmanlight said:Hi all take your best shot , i can take it .
Pic num 2 has the same leaf , both sides as mine .
Its all good
I thought it was mid 1800sBut if you found it were your avatar suggest it would not be no surprise to be that old up that way.All I know to tell ya to do.
Can I see the type made like these from the 1800's somewhere? Not doubting no one just want to see one so I know how they look.
Thanks!
Thanks man!kuger said:Pete...give me 24 hrs,I think I know where mine are,but wont be able to get pics up till tomorrowTimekiller said:Pop that baby in some hot peroxide & give it a boil.To me it just looks like caked on field dirt covering what we need to see.I did not know they made that type in the 1800's news to me.gmanlight said:Hi all take your best shot , i can take it .
Pic num 2 has the same leaf , both sides as mine .
Its all good
I thought it was mid 1800sBut if you found it were your avatar suggest it would not be no surprise to be that old up that way.All I know to tell ya to do.
Can I see the type made like these from the 1800's somewhere? Not doubting no one just want to see one so I know how they look.
Thanks!
