Buckle?

DJDigger

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I imagining seeing CS on this piece of metal I dug yesterday?? I nearly threw it in the junk bucket.

image-1904734446.jpg

image-3536572874.jpg

I also found these in the same area in middle TN

image-3377907861.jpg

I don't see it myself but I could be wrong of course and hope I am. I like the bullets.

Upvote 0
i can see where you think you see cs but thats not a buckle. The shape is way off to be

Upvote 0
i can see where you think you see cs but thats not a buckle. The shape is way off to be

I noticed the shape was Different too but I found it and the melted coin together so melting could have occurred.... Still wishful thinking maybe

Upvote 0
:icon_scratch: I have never seen an Iron CS buckle?

Upvote 0
An iron sheetmetal oval buckle with "CS" on it does exist. See the Plates #131 and #132 in the Mullinax book on Confederate buckles, page 75. But they aren't shaped like DJDigger's find. Need to get Electrolysis cleaning done on it, which will show whether it actually has "CS" on it or not.

Upvote 0
Hope it is! I'm not sure if we have that Mullinax book or not but thanks for the info CG

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cannonballguy is right. There were some iron CS buckles made and they are extremely rare. I know a guy that dug one in Arkansas but (like Pete said) it is made different than the piece you found. The iron ones that I know of mostly came from Arkansas but there was one found here in middle Tennessee but not by me of course!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back