Trying to get back into a regular searching rhythm is paying off. Around $160 in nickels at the casino gave up Buffalo #4 for 2009 - [red]1924[/red]. Also got a 1939-S, a tough date. No silver but the buffie makes up for it.
Nice find on the buffalo there! I don't search the nickels that often - last week I did scoop one from a tellers tray. The best part was I asked him for halves and he handed me $9.50 but I could see he was blushing as he quickly slid a stack out of sight. I spied the buffalo and asked for that. He reluctantly gave me it. As he did another teller chimed in that they had $100 in the vault which I grabbed and scored another 40% from there. No casinos around here for the nickels searching - do you ever get any halves from there?
Yup, Slot-a-Fun is the last Strip site TIKO that still has coin-op slots. I agree with ya CC, their halves produce few finds. They have about a dozen 50 cent machines and they rarely cough up silver. THANK GOD for nickels!