Monty said:At one time I would have said they were blanks. But someone who seems to know better said that crimped cases were used to launch grenades and blanks had cards over the powder charge. So, I suppose someone could have fired the grenade launching cartridges thinking they were blanks. Rather than a burial it seems more likely they may have been fired at a Memorial Day service in the park at one time. Would like to see the very bottom of the cartridges and probably could tell the date manufactured and who made them. They look like 7.62 Nato cases without knowing measurements. Monty

IWillFindTheGold said:Hello,
I know very little about bullets so I was wondering if any of you could tell me what these are. I found them in a very large park in my city. thanks.
silverswede said:There was a time in the late 60's early 70's maybe when rimfire .22's and a few center fire rifle calibers were marketed that were loaded with fine shot and crimped something like that. It was a miserable failure anyway as the .22's had the same effect on a barn rat that you could get with shooting him with a slingshot and sand. Ya' remember ,Monty?





kuger said:Training blanks
Possibly from a military funeral?
kenley said:The funnel thing looks like a piece of sewer pipe to me.
By any chance, were the empties foung near a rise above a cementary?
JonesFromIrmo said:They are 7.62x51 NATO blanks. Both made in Canada at different arsenals.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAM007-1.html