What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED California Gold Mining Era Finds Part 2

USNFLYR

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Messages
334
Reaction score
476
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick question. I haven’t cleaned up these bullets yet. But I found many different lead bullets of different calibers. Without getting into specifics (measuring with a caliper, etc) can anybody tell me if some of these bullets are pre 1870 ish? A group of 11 bullets (shown with a penny) has my interest. The lead used in their molding appears to be of poor quality. They almost seems porous. Or decaying quicker than I would expect. They were found in a four foot line. Almost like someone was shooting at a target. The other bullets and cartridges seem to be made of better material.

Also found a chinese coin. I haven’t cleaned it for fear of wiping off the lettering. The backside is completely unreadable.

Thank!

IMG_7995.webp
IMG_8001.webp
IMG_8002.webp
IMG_7996.webp
IMG_7998.webp
 
With many different size slugs and in a line I would say it may have been a community Turkey shot (meat shot) ! No guess on the date !
Man. That is a great possibility.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom