What's new

Bullet? i found this along the neuse river in nc

BEVFD1113

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
raleigh nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a bullrt but looks to long thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • bullet 6.webp
    bullet 6.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 439
  • bullet 5.webp
    bullet 5.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 415
It's a fired bullet.
 
Upvote 0
thanks for the id it does look like a mouser
 
Upvote 0
I would guess a 6.5 mm.The 6.5 mm is about the most efficient bullet you can find and it always looks too long. I have a small collection of 6.5 mm Swede Rifles from WWI and they are very accurate even up to date. Remington also made a 6.5 mm Magnum Rifle for a bit in modern times but it did not sell well. The 7mm Magnum came out at about the same time and would work better for larger game so it won the rifle race in modern times. Remington also made the 7mm-.08 and the 6.5mm-.08 Remington, not to be confjused with the magnum calibers. There was also a wildcat caliber produced on a few custom rifles , the 6.5-.284. It was an over bore cartridge and had a tendency to burn out barrels at the chamber throat. It was never a very popular wildcat for obvious reasons but in a custom rifle it was a sure 'nuf Wild cat. Monty
 
Upvote 0
I still deer hunt with a .264 Winchester Magnum. Great round, I love the 6.5's...d2
 
Upvote 0
I have a 6.5mm Belgium. Made in 1916. Was hard to find ammo for it 40 yrs. ago, don't know if there is any available now. I think the Japanese rifles were also 6.5,Akira(?).
 
Upvote 0
I haven't seen the Bellgium ammo available at all and yes ther was a Japanese Arisaka in 6.5mm., but I haven't seen ammo for it laither. If you have some measure ments for the empty cases I might be able to find some brass that can be converted for those calibers. I have had to do that for a couple of older guns I wanted to shoot. Oh, and if you do find some ammo be sure to have the guns checked by a gunsmith to see if they are safe to shoot. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom