waterfalljay
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2006
- Messages
- 361
- Reaction score
- 43
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Western NC Mtns
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
Hi bullet experts! I was showing 4-H some of my finds from my detecting days in Memphis, TN (with a then-new White's Coinmaster D-5000!
) and he noticed this bullet. When I found it, I had thought it was a simple Civil War one-ringer, and forgot about it. Years later (and a bit wiser), I realized it looks nothing like a regular one-ringer. It is hand poured judging by the large seam and appears to have been dropped rather than fired. I found round musket balls in the area as well. It weighs 13.0 grams on the nose. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
) and he noticed this bullet. When I found it, I had thought it was a simple Civil War one-ringer, and forgot about it. Years later (and a bit wiser), I realized it looks nothing like a regular one-ringer. It is hand poured judging by the large seam and appears to have been dropped rather than fired. I found round musket balls in the area as well. It weighs 13.0 grams on the nose. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!







