What's new

Bullet ID please...Found in Ohio

7creeks

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dark Hills of Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today while hunting an old home site. It looks to me like a fired civil war 3 ringer. This part of Ohio never saw any action, so I'm guessing it was brought back from the war. Any info is appreciated. It weights 482 grains.
 

Attachments

  • 20130310_135345.webp
    20130310_135345.webp
    346.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 20130310_134406.webp
    20130310_134406.webp
    159 KB · Views: 210
  • 20130310_134349.webp
    20130310_134349.webp
    151.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Upvote 0
What part of Ohio are you in?
 
I think your guess is correct. I've often thought that some of the bullets we find that are gov't issue, civil war vintage, might have been fired at a deer, several years after the war, with a musket brought home from the battlefield. I hunted HARD on Monday, 100 acres (Zig-zagged through in hopes of hitting a spot). This property was within a mile of a pretty good sized battle so I thought maybe a camp or retreat or advance route went through the property. I hunted hard for 6 solid hours and I found 2 3-ringers on opposite ends of the property. So bullets are where ya find 'em.
 
Hard to tell 100%, but I think that is a .58 3 ringer. (Civil war era)
 
Cool find, in what part of Ohio are ye?
 
Come on OP .

Please more info & it helps to answer the questions of people kind enough to assist you. ???
 
Over six years old post.....prolly not gonna answer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom