What's new

bullet ID

RJH02

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this at an old farm in central Va about 2 yrs ago, I never got an ID on it if I remember correctly so I thought I would post it again. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0002.webp
    PICT0002.webp
    41 KB · Views: 686
  • PICT0004.webp
    PICT0004.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 694
  • PICT0005a.webp
    PICT0005a.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 699
??? If its lead, I have no clue
 
Upvote 0
If it's a bullet it is so deformed I doubt anyone could even guess it. Need some measurements (diameter at base), weight in grains (conversion charts are many online) and history of general area where it was found (ie: near a CW battlefield, etc). Is it magnetic or nonmagnetic? Monty
 
Upvote 0
It may be my eyes but that looks like it has been carved on.
 
Upvote 0
I will try to re-find it tomorrow and take some better pics and a measurement
 
Upvote 0
I also noticed something that looked like carving, but couldn't tell for sure. Monty
 
Upvote 0
A stray bullet that struck a rock and distorted ... :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom