What's new

Bullets in Coin Counter

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone is behind me waiting to use the coin counter, I let them jump ahead. This happened yesterday afternoon. A lady had a shoe box filled with coins. I politely tell her I will be finished in a moment, then she can go ahead and use the counter.

When she finishes her business, she leaves behind the following for the teller to contend with as it jammed the machine: 3 small buttons, 1 paperclip, several small pieces of torn paper, large pieces of lint, one smashed clasp from a piece of jewelry, one bent cent, two cents glued together, and the best of all . . . 2 small bullets. Course now I had to wait until the teller got all the junk out of the machine which took about 10 minutes. Chances are those bullets would never explode, but it was a bit creepy.

Can you believe someone dumped bullets in a coin counter? Folks will throw anything from their pockets into their coin jars.

Anyone else found odd stuff?

apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
22 shells, guitar picks by the score,buttons,earring backs,marbles,washers,belly button lint. If you can get them to pull a bag off the machine, you can find almost anything.

I was in Texarkana on Tuesday and dumped about 4 grand in halves at the "What's in your Wallet"bank. The young lady didn't attach the bag well and we had halves rolling all over the bank. What a mess, I am not totally sure I got credit for all of them but I'll live.


Have a Merry Christmas Lady, Jim
 
Jim, Sounds like you need my good luck charm- I don't think that midEvil coin ring is working LOL. HH Mark
 
apush said:
If someone is behind me waiting to use the coin counter, I let them jump ahead. This happened yesterday afternoon. A lady had a shoe box filled with coins. I politely tell her I will be finished in a moment, then she can go ahead and use the counter.

When she finishes her business, she leaves behind the following for the teller to contend with as it jammed the machine: 3 small buttons, 1 paperclip, several small pieces of torn paper, large pieces of lint, one smashed clasp from a piece of jewelry, one bent cent, two cents glued together, and the best of all . . . 2 small bullets. Course now I had to wait until the teller got all the junk out of the machine which took about 10 minutes. Chances are those bullets would never explode, but it was a bit creepy.

Can you believe someone dumped bullets in a coin counter? Folks will throw anything from their pockets into their coin jars.

Anyone else found odd stuff?

apush :read2:

I have ! A .58 cal. mini ball (civil war era), a.22 bullet, and a sterling silver St.Christopher Medal. I kept the medal.
HH
Rich
 
No bullets yet, but I did find a tooth once... At least I think it was a tooth. It still had the metal crown on it. Disgusting
 
Apush,
You have a knack for finding everything!
Hang in there!
rileyboy
 
ive found (inside the machine, that the teller has to pull out) the following: ikes, a tube of pencil lead w/ about 20 pieces of lead in it and i dumped all of my halves then the teller came to get out what ever it was and after my whole dump none of the pieces of lead were broken, a pen, earrings/small copper jewelry, really bent coins, casino tokens, and many various things...ill post another thread soon about my finds from machines...but ive never gotten bullets yet haha, keep it up and hh!
 
I find alot of batteries. One time I found a 1gb micro sd card. I ways check the magnet on the bottom of the chute for foreign coins and steel pennies.
 
I have never seen that much slop!!!!!!!! Too bad. :dontknow:
 
wow thats hilarious. Perhaps you should have asked her for her coins. Someone totin around a few bullets might have also been unknowingly carrying around some junk silver :P

i found a yet unidentified coin today in the return slot of a change machine. i had to reach way in to check to see if the coins jammed up there were mine. alas no. a penny and a ? coin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom