Squirrel322 Silver Member Joined Jul 4, 2016 Messages 4,424 Reaction score 9,427 Golden Thread 0 Location Central MI Detector(s) used E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 28, 2020 #1 Is this an error? Or post mint?
smokeythecat Platinum Member Joined Nov 22, 2012 Messages 20,926 Reaction score 41,158 Golden Thread 10 Location Maryland 🥇 Banner finds 10 Detector(s) used XP Deus II Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 28, 2020 #2 I think those are just bad plating jobs. I spend any I find. Upvote 0
Erik in NJ Silver Member Joined Oct 4, 2010 Messages 4,065 Reaction score 3,043 Golden Thread 1 Location The Garden State 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 29, 2020 #3 That's a zinc cent right? Looks like it was probably sitting in water for a while and it's starting to degrade like the dug ones we find that are disintegrating. I wish they never made the zinc cents. Upvote 0
That's a zinc cent right? Looks like it was probably sitting in water for a while and it's starting to degrade like the dug ones we find that are disintegrating. I wish they never made the zinc cents.
ToddsPoint Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Mar 2, 2018 Messages 9,197 Reaction score 33,139 Golden Thread 0 Location Todds Point, IL Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 29, 2020 #4 I collect old military medals. The ones made of zinc do this. It's referred to as "zinc pest" on medals. Gary Upvote 0
I collect old military medals. The ones made of zinc do this. It's referred to as "zinc pest" on medals. Gary
jewelerguy Gold Member Joined Jun 28, 2011 Messages 12,314 Reaction score 11,478 Golden Thread 0 Location Oklahoma Detector(s) used White's XLT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 30, 2020 #5 stinkin zincoln Upvote 0