What's new

Butterflies and Spills

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One hunt - 2 butterflies....crazy!
Best dig today was spill#1 - 1900 Barber qtr and 1904 V, there were several multi-wheat spills. Some interesting what's its and a 1903 IHP. All the coins and the large butterfly pin came from an area I've hunted before. The broken piece with writing "E FABER NEW YORK" may have been part of a pen; Johann Eberhard Faber founded his New York company in 1861.
Finds.webpSpill_1.webpbarber.webpbutterfly.webpFaber.webppewter.webp
 
Upvote 34
Congratz on some nice finds! That Barber quarter looks incredible!
 
That's a great collection of finds. I love the quarter. For some reason I'm able to find Barber dimes, but the Barber quarter eludes me... HH
 
Amazing!! This horrible weather in Michigan is killing me!
 
Yes. It's taking along time there for winter to make room for spring. Here's for warmer temps and better diggin' weather!
 
Thanks texjim. Taking a week+ off from detecting for a little R&R.
 
Thanks Art. It was great to get into "the zone" there on Thursday. Looking forward to getting back soon.
 
those are some sick finds man- grats. i'd love to dig a v nickel in as good a shape as that...all mine look like bantha fodder
 
Hey Silvermonkey. I think you're doing well with the Barber dime finds. Smaller target - easier to sweep right over it if one moves too fast. Great job!
 
Hey Leroy. You know, I think the V was spared the usually decay by being shielded by the larger coin.
 
Thanks CC. Like your new logo - your own personal detecting van. Silver in the hole always looks incredible!
 
Thanks ATW. Appreciated you checking out the "finds". Happy Hunting!
 
Hey Skippy. This has been the "Barber Quarter" park for me. The last one I dug here was in 2015. Found near the base of an oak tree. The one from Thursday was about 6 feet in from the edge of a sidewalk. GL and HH.
 
Great pile of finds.
 
Nice variety of finds McDig.
 
I've had a few things show up in pairs before like your butterflies. One day I dug two "crowns"; a junk metal crown and some kind of medal with a crown and nothing else on it in a completely area of the site. Another time I dug a small lead shoe from a figurine and about a mile away I dug the other identical foot. I just couldn't believe it. What are the odds against something like that?? I've sure never dug another one before or since.

It's just crazy the way things seem to appear in waves sometimes. It's almost like there's some higher power in play I swear.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom