What's new

Button help please-Jacsonian???

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TIA Merf
 

Attachments

  • RSCN1689.webp
    RSCN1689.webp
    12 KB · Views: 263
  • RSCN1695.webp
    RSCN1695.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 281
Here is one of the back and another of the front Jim.
Looks like an eagle and anchor---Maybe Navy?
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1697.webp
    DSCN1697.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCN1698.webp
    DSCN1698.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks Fortbball :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Back again... that very last pic is the best! I stared at the first two for a hour today trying to figure out what I was looking at...

It is not a Marine button, the anchor is wrong and the stars are wrong...

Navy is more like, the key now, to try and match it to something... it has all the right elements and a rope border...

My opinion is it's a Navy Button - uknown date.



Merf - PM sent.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Back again... that very last pic is the best! I stared at the first two for a hour today trying to figure out what I was looking at...

It is not a Marine button, the anhor is wrong and the stars are wrong...

Navy is more like, the key now, to try and match it to something... it has all the right elements and a rope border...

My opinion is it's a Navy Button - uknown date.










Thanks Jim-----Great link, I will bookmark that one.



Merf - PM sent.












Thanks Jim-----Great link, I will bookmark that one.
 
Upvote 0
with that back, its post 1900
 
Upvote 0
Could the bird be a pelican?

Added: It may just be a star that makes the beak look longer.
 
Upvote 0
http://www.relicman.com/buttons/ArchiveButtonFedGovNavy2pc1840Later.htm

These are the closest Navy buttons that I can find,These are CW Era.But if you count the stars
on these button you come up with 13 stars.The button that is posted I count only 12 stars,if I
am counting right.The pic of the button that is posted I believe the star next to the eagles head
makes it look bigger that it really is.So just maybe it is like the CRU said post 1900's.But
that would be just a guess I don't know exactly what the back is,if it is all rust (Iron back) all of the ones that I have seen listed had brass back with backmarks or blank.But these buttons are close with rope border but the stars count is off.I also agree that the button posted is a navy but the age is the question now.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies.
It is a rust covered back. Maybe not that old. :icon_study:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom