What's new

Button Help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I have found the Great Coat button before, which is in the Alberts book, but I found two buttons that have teh same US mark on them, but are not in the book. Any ideas on these two? I found them at a old military training post. One of them have been modified with a square notch through it. I found what I think is a musket ball with the same notch. I suspect the musket ball was used for a fishing weight. Any ideas about the buttons? The reason the two buttons are different color than the US Great Coat button is that they were found in clay, which preserves them better.
:icon_thumleft:Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    39 KB · Views: 165
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    42 KB · Views: 155
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 036.webp
    036.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 037.webp
    037.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 162
I actually found it in the Alberts button book. They are "Army, General Service; cast pewter, 1 Piece. 1808-1830"
:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom