What's new

✅ SOLVED Button help?

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
2,803
Reaction score
6,481
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This button is about 7/8 inches across. Has "Honi Soit Qui Tu Mal y Pense" around the edge. Only similar I found was on eBay and advertised as Royal Canadian Ordnance?? button but I googled that and found none with this type shield. 2 pc. with shank. Any ideas on what or how old it is? Found in a old park near an old railroad. Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • 20210510_184946.webp
    20210510_184946.webp
    188.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210510_184908.webp
    20210510_184908.webp
    148.3 KB · Views: 68
Not seen this type of 20th C blazer button before, but thats what I'm going with as it has a steel back.
Plus the jumble of British elements:
The order of the garter moto
The generic looking Crown (Not Royal)
The Heraldic Shield which doesn't tie into any of the other elements.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Translate: [FONT=&quot]"Honi Be Who You Think Wrong"
It's on lots of reg. stuff but I can't find the one ref. that you stated that it was on [/FONT]
[FONT=Google Sans, arial, sans-serif]fleebay.[/FONT]
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Crusader is correct, it's a 20th century take off on an older design. Used on blazers.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you all!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom