1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Trying to clean it up a little better I can make out long live something
It appears to say “Long live the president” around the center and upon first look of the button, it reminds me of and may be a George Washington button….others on here will know better than myself! Good luck!👍🏼

Upvote 5
It appears to say “Long live the president” around the center and upon first look of the button, it reminds me of and may be a George Washington button….others on here will know better than myself! Good luck!👍🏼
Yeah, the more I look at it, I think it is a GW button, which would be an awesome find!

Upvote 5
Great Saves of the buttons. Very nice indeed. Well Done, and Congrat's

Upvote 0
That GW is a major bucket lister for most detectorists!!! Should post over on today's finds when you get it cleaned up!!

Upvote 0
thanks i will i could be wrong but that looks to be the first one they made.I have been soaking it in olive oil and slowly cleaning it with soapy water and a tooth brush.If there is a better way please let me know

Upvote 1
thanks i will i could be wrong but that looks to be the first one they made.I have been soaking it in olive oil and slowly cleaning it with soapy water and a tooth brush.If there is a better way please let me know
Outstanding find!!! 👍

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back