6 68K Full Member Joined Nov 19, 2013 Messages 130 Reaction score 140 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used AT PRO Pro Pointer AT Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 15, 2015 #1 I found this button and it has a weird back and shank on it. It was found in a park that I have found numerous Civil War relics. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. Upvote 4
I found this button and it has a weird back and shank on it. It was found in a park that I have found numerous Civil War relics. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
parsonwalker Bronze Member Joined Feb 16, 2013 Messages 1,491 Reaction score 2,858 Golden Thread 2 Location Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s) Metrotech (In the 70s) Tesoro Tejon (Now!) Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Sep 15, 2015 #2 That IS weird. Brass?
ajaj Bronze Member Joined Sep 14, 2012 Messages 1,137 Reaction score 1,554 Golden Thread 0 Location Orange, Massachusetts Detector(s) used Garrett AT Max Minelab eTrac Minelab Excalibur 8" Makro Racer Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 16, 2015 #3 Interesting button. The shank is similar to, but not, a turret shank. Could this be called a birdcage shank? I would guess a date to the mid-1800's. aj
Interesting button. The shank is similar to, but not, a turret shank. Could this be called a birdcage shank? I would guess a date to the mid-1800's. aj
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,314 Reaction score 48,596 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 17, 2015 #4 That is the first one I have seen. Almost looks like a mistake. Has an early 1800s look, in terms of construction, even a slight 18th C tombac look.
That is the first one I have seen. Almost looks like a mistake. Has an early 1800s look, in terms of construction, even a slight 18th C tombac look.
S sutphin Gold Member Joined Oct 2, 2013 Messages 8,362 Reaction score 4,468 Golden Thread 0 Location brunswick md Detector(s) used WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Sep 17, 2015 #5 BRASS PARAKEET BIRD CAGE SHANK CONVEX BUTTON......