Sep 9, 2004

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 272

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
It's a U.S. Post Office Department button, listed in Albert's button book as #FD 62. There are several other varieties of the same basic design, which was adopted as the seal of the Post Office in 1837. An early one, #FD 60, depicting a post rider on a galloping horse with “U.S.A.” at the top and “P.O.D.” at the bottom, is described as having "...met the regulations for postal jackets created between 1868 and 1873." I can't find a time frame for yours but would guess that it dates from the late 19th or early 20th century. Recent price lists show it at $15+.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

coinshtr

Sep 9, 2004
Thanks for you help PBK

I most certainly expected you to know what this was. I appreciate you help on the ID. Take care.

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Wow PBK you have a great eye and a huge amount of knowledge ! I look froward to learning from you ! ;D

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Reddielocks said:
Wow PBK you have a great eye and a huge amount of knowledge ! I look froward to learning from you ! ;D

Gee, Red, you're 'way too kind... but if undeserved compliments are the only kind I can get, I'll take 'em! Heck, you could hide everything I know under the period at the end of this sentence and still have room for dancing.

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
PBK said:
Reddielocks said:

Gee, Red, you're 'way too kind... but if undeserved compliments are the only kind I can get, I'll take 'em! Heck, you could hide everything I know under the period at the end of this sentence and still have room for dancing.

Yeah riggghtttttt ! I know better than that ! You have answered questions as soon as they would pop up ! lol

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread