What's new

Buttons

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Louisiana, and supreior Quality on the back, any one know any thing about them as in age or who wore them?
 

Attachments

  • 000_1467.webp
    000_1467.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 224
They are Louisiana staff officers buttons. As far as I know all LA staff buttons are post civil war. If you could post a pic of the backs that might help date them better. While the civil war LA buttons go into the hundreds of dollars, Indian war period are a lot less maybe 10 to 20 for a nice coat button.
 
Upvote 0
W :o W!! Excellent finds!

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Not dug, bought at a antique sale for 25.00. The owner was a old digger and I enjoyed talking with him. he said about 1880, I belive he knows his stuff. just wondering what branch might of wore them.
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds. Hope you find out something about them...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom