What's new

Buying A Back Up Detector

cougar jim

Greenie
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Klamath Falls Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites GM3, Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Teknetics T2 standard and thinking about buying a T2 SE.
Is it worth the extra money? How many tones does the booster mode have? and how much deeper in booster mode?
I can't seem to find a lot of info on the booster mode.

Any help would be appreciated


Jim
 
I was told by someone in the know that the boost mode is a gimmick. I would have bought it anyways to check it out but didnt have enough money.
 
ryaan21 said:
I was told by someone in the know that the boost mode is a gimmick. I would have bought it anyways to check it out but didnt have enough money.

Its for sure not a Gimmick! You turn it on and notice the difference immediately. Its amazing what it can do in tall grass!
 
How many tones do you have in boost mode?
 
Boost mode has 2 tones. An Bart is right the boost mode is not a gimmick. It is a def. difference. Works great. HH
ric
 
ryaan21 said:
I was told by someone in the know that the boost mode is a gimmick. I would have bought it anyways to check it out but didnt have enough money.

Not a gimmick, but IMO boost is more helpful(preferred) in tall grass/woods type of environments, where the coil has to be carried more than an inch or two off the ground. If your hunting flat land for "just coins", there isnt alot of performance dif between boost process and JE mode , but there are cases it can be beneficial. There are too many variables to list them all out ie. amount and types of trash, ground mineral, general depth of targets, EMI, coil sizes etc... but bottom line is that BP isnt a gimmick.
 
I very seldom use the boost mode but it is there if i need it..I use it more with the small coil..

Nobody is mentioning Cache mode? :icon_scratch:

I found a DBox for a septic company at 6 feet with the cache mode :icon_thumleft:

$250.00 thank you very much :laughing7:


Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom