What's new

Buying Good Pay Dirt !!!

Mexico

Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mexico
Detector(s) used
XPointer/ P.O.S. bounty hunter pro.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello to All,

I want to hone my skills at panning for gold. Any recommendations on a good pay dirt supplier? I understand I wont make money doing this, but just need to know there is gold in the bag. ( no matter the amount) I want to pan it over and over to make sure I'm doing it right and getting better at it.

Any advice will be great. Thanks in advance.

MX.
 
Buy $20 in placer gold...take shovel of creek gravel...mix together and dump into pan.

None of the suspense nor the disappointment.

Make it as good as you want it to be.
 
Or, just get some lead shavings and or birdshot. That's how I learned.
 
Or, just get some lead shavings and or birdshot. That's how I learned.

Lead is a good idea. Thanks!! Or I can file shavings from some of the gold rings I have found. I was going to melt them any way.
 
Buy $20 in placer gold...take shovel of creek gravel...mix together and dump into pan.

None of the suspense nor the disappointment.

Make it as good as you want it to be.

You may be right, Life has disappointments a-plenty no need to add more. haha I'm going to file off some rings i have and pan away. I want to see the shine in the pan... Thanks for the advice.
 
You can buy good paydirt online, but the HONEST ones tell you how much is in it. But if you have gold jewelry, then filing it down would give you a close-enough testing product.
 
You can buy good paydirt online, but the HONEST ones tell you how much is in it. But if you have gold jewelry, then filing it down would give you a close-enough testing product.

Thanks Jason, I have a lot of rings and other gold items from the beaches here in Mexico. Most are 14K so i'm not sure if it will pan like the gold from the rivers here. but i will give it a try. I will put in on the scale first then check when i'm done.
 
You should also find some material from a larger stream that will have some heavy minerals..clean some crevices out and pan out a couple pans so as to acquire some heavies..then add your gold.

Getting the gold settled down to the sweet spot is different if you have a pan of completely light material vs. working it down through some black sand.
 
You should also find some material from a larger stream that will have some heavy minerals..clean some crevices out and pan out a couple pans so as to acquire some heavies..then add your gold.

Getting the gold settled down to the sweet spot is different if you have a pan of completely light material vs. working it down through some black sand.

That's one of my issues. I can't find any black sand were i'm at. My location is 2,000 meters high with steep valleys and large rocks. We don't have the standard river sand with rounded rocks near me. That's how come i was asking about pay dirt to buy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom