What's new

Buzzgators new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

Flint-seeker

Full Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
185
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati, Ohio
Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

Well, I (flint-seeker) have been texting back and forth with Buzzgator for the past week or so. I'm his "unofficial" picture thread poster because he has limited access to the internet.

Over the past couple weeks, every time I go hunt a creek and find NOTHING, buzzgator sends me picture texts with all his recent finds... NOT FAIR! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm posting all the pics he has sent me recently and his story. He may need to jump on here to clarify where exactly things were found. At any rate, here's his story - all found in Southeast Missouri very recently:

It's hard for me to believe I got permission to hunt this property. I had driven by a hundred times and imagined the hillsides teaming with life of prehistoric families gathered around smoky fires, dried fish and meat hanging from poles - kids playing in the river. Anyway, I got to hunt a field down the road from there and found a few artifacts but never bothered with the hills that are posted "No Trespassing" every 50 yards! Kinda took that to me that he was serious!

Well, 3 weeks ago the farmer whose land I had been hunting stops by the field while I am doing my head down mumbling walk and says "Gary, you need to go talk to *'s farm. Let's give him a call." I asked who this farmer was and he tells me he owns the hills along the river all that posted land.

Well to shorten this up I spent 2 hours talking to a lonely old guy who is in his late 70s to early 80s. Im guessing who gave me his land to hunt not just artifacts but deer turkey and any thing else I would like!

Best 2 hrs ever spent!

This new farmer friend of his is gettin lots of fresh veggies out of my garden today!

1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

5.webp

4.webp

imagejpeg952.webp

imagejpeg952_3.webp

imagejpeg952_2.webp

Any help on ID's are greatly appreciated!

Thanks, on behalf of buzzgator!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

wow!
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

I dont think the hill had ever been hunted and if it has it has been plowed many years since it was last walked
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

goes to show you just never know what people/landowners will do. That many pieces are just amazing to look at. I had the same thing happen to me. Had many people tell me about the field owned by "an old codger" that would not allow anyone on him. I saw him one day and asked if I could walk his field. I was given permission to hunt it and found many nice pieces. Congratulations on your new hunting place and new friend. Keep those pics coming :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

Great haul! Good to see someone finding that amount of stuff.

Joe
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

From just looking at the pic could the broken piece in the next to last pic have been a Scottsbluff? There is also to my eye a dalton looking base in the 3rd pic. Duno?? Thanks to everyone for looking.
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

Oh yeah and Joe this is the spot I had told you to come look at with me a few weeks ago. If we get a good rain b4 the beans get to tall to hunt it I will give you a call to come back down.
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

That's a multi-component site. There's Hopewell, Adena, Mississippian, several different Archaic types. I see the base you're talking about that might be a Dalton base. Are the sides ground? A ton of good stuff in there.
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

Wow!!! Time well spent with the farmer. Get'em while its hot.
 
Re: Buzzgator's new farm - over 180 artifacts found in the past 3 weeks!

That goes to show you that you shouldnt overlook a spot that is heavily posted because its probably gonna be a "no" when you ask for permission,those are the good spots to get if you ask me,less likely that it has been hunted to death over the years.Great 3 weeks of finds buzz!!I see some real dandy pieces in there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom