Plumbata
Bronze Member
I've been doing a fair bit of rockhounding and hiking around looking for artifacts on a friend's ranch this year, but unfortunately the rocky terrain is very rough on the points which missed their mark and were lost. The colorful varieties of different stone used here are pretty exciting but until today I had never found any reasonably intact points, just a few dozen damaged and fragmentary points and a handful of hide scrapers and interesting preforms and worked bits plus some pottery sherds. First pic is everything found prior to today this year, over the course of dozens of miles of tramping about.
It was getting pretty frustrating to have so little to show for all those invested miles, but the arrowhead gods heard my prayers and blessed me with generous dividends today:
Then within minutes and only around 30 feet away I almost stepped on this:
And finally this lovely thing that was a bit better hidden, not perfect but a lovely form with thin sharp edges made out of what I'd guess is a red moss agate:
Any 1 of these 3 points would have been the best I've found so to come home with 3 beauties today really spoiled me!
If anyone knows what types of points these are I'd be very interested to know what you think, thanks for looking and happy hunting!
It was getting pretty frustrating to have so little to show for all those invested miles, but the arrowhead gods heard my prayers and blessed me with generous dividends today:
Then within minutes and only around 30 feet away I almost stepped on this:
And finally this lovely thing that was a bit better hidden, not perfect but a lovely form with thin sharp edges made out of what I'd guess is a red moss agate:
Any 1 of these 3 points would have been the best I've found so to come home with 3 beauties today really spoiled me!
If anyone knows what types of points these are I'd be very interested to know what you think, thanks for looking and happy hunting!
Upvote
0







