OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
...It was VERY nice. The rockstars left it behind just for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

;D

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm a c33,painting contractor. 75 gal. is a good day painting! I like a short extension on the gun, it saves the arm and shoulder. Is your tip aimed horizontal, or vertical?

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Oh Gosh! Bigfish...

I can't make that claim! We did about 20 a day.

LoL! Blew the packing out of my old graco near the end of the first day... When I went down to check it out I could hear a bearing making noise in the motor, also... and I was on a tite schedule...
SO, I bought a little 390 next morning on credit.
Just didn't want to deal with my big gas pump.
But there were other factors that influenced my decision.
390 is just a little bit too small.
Probably should have got the 395 or Titan 440i.
Now I'm at six pumps. Not worth making repairs to sell 'em, no one is buying!

Well Bigfish, on exteriors I once always used a 12" extension, for a tad more reach.
Got away from it, because we do many eaves w rafter tails.

The inside stuff, at least in this house was all cut up, with lots of short walls, too many closets and returns, and narrow hallways. No extension! I should have used one for the 10ft lids though.
..I usually leave the pattern flat (horizontal) across the gun. Spray in vertical pattern. Use a whip...

When using my HVLP I do switch tip orientation a lot, though.

...LoL! I'm playing hooky, right now. Should go in, but I'm going to wait and just do a couple hours this afternoon. Lacquer the front door before the stucco guys splatter it, so it's easier to repair!

Best
rmptr

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Do those little masks really do much? Man, I hate wearing those. They always fog my glasses.

Nate painted houses for his summer job. Had to battle bees, bushes, savage dogs (embelished a little ;D :D ) and the heat. He still enjoyed it.

Bob

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yes Bob. One step up in cheapo masks makes quite a difference, and works well for latex paint.
A bandana works ok, too.

It's the alkyd paints, and lacquer, and hotrod epoxy products that really should not be sprayed without a NIOSH charcoal filter cannister mask.

Best to use all the safety gear you can!
rmptr

FireRescue

Jul 28, 2007
Middle Georgia
I had a worker almost die using epoxies without a mask in a small work room. I fired him shortly therafter, figured anybody who was as wreckless needed to find a job where he didn't get to make decisions about his own health.

OP
OP
rmptr

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Spot on, Fire!

I would do the same thing!

An employee that is unable to protect himself for whatever reason is a liability.

Best
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread