C.S.A. Camp Hunt with Tenn. Josh=Dateless Spanish Reale, Buttons, Pocketwatch Ring

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tennessee Trio rarely hunts CW relics during the summer. Tenn. Josh called us and said he noticed that cattle had grazed down a Confederate camp where we have hunted several times before and scored some nice relics. He thought that we might dig a few more relics there. Dman couldn’t go today but I hunted a couple of hours with Josh before it got very hot. Josh dug 3 flat buttons and the outer ring of a brass pocket watch. I dug the dateless, holed Spanish silver one Reale. The hole was tiny and probably had a wire run through it and other “easy to lose” coins. I had dug a 1830 HD there on a previous hunt. No trace of any markings on the obverse or reverse.The Trio is still kicking and looking forward to fall. HH, Josh & Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1648.JPG
    DSCN1648.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Upvote 16

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am officially green with envy. :notworthy: It's too dang hot to go out there! It's so hot that the cattle are all camping out in the pond and not bothering to eat up the jungle out there. Not that I don't WANNA go. I wanna go so bad that I emptied out the change jar looking for odd coins yesterday. hahahahaha! (Two lowly wheat pennies.)
WTG on the terrific finds!
Hurry up winter!
Nana :hello:

Nana, I like you. You seem like a very nice lady. I have seen your pics in Doug's album ( ModernMiner, not DMan ) or one of his posts, but please, please don't say those 3 words again ( Hurry Up Winter ). Now I have to go outside and spit, lol

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, I like you. You seem like a very nice lady. I have seen your pics in Doug's album ( ModernMiner, not DMan ) or one of his posts, but please, please don't say those 3 words again ( Hurry Up Winter ). Now I have to go outside and spit, lol
Well, thanks Old Dude. I think I'm fairly likable most of the time...till winter's over. I use to be likable year round till I started detecting 10 years ago. Since then tho, it can sometimes be pretty sketchy past April. That's when all the snakes and bugs and the sizzling heat of Alabama summer breaks out. Even my kids fear me at times during down time. I'm guessing you live north of the Mason-Dixon Line where there are no snakes and bugs or 100 degree temps? :laughing7:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on braving the heat and for finding some nice items, especially the reale. Be careful digging in the cow pasture! :laughing7:

:)
Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread