✅ SOLVED C1 Hally? Copper Thingamajig

2k2d1c

Greenie
Oct 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was a bullet casing or a fuse, but I'm stumped. I can't find any reference for Hally. IMG_2801.JPGIMG_2798.JPG The top looks like copper, it appears to have threads and the crusty stuff is a metal ring that appears to have fallen out.

Hi, and welcome to TNet. A search for Hally Manufacturing resulted in a court case and patent. However, I'm not sure they are the same company. Like you my first thought was some sort of fuse or possibly plumbing related. To help us help you ID it, please describe where you found it, what other things you found around it, and if possible what kind of metal(s) it is.

Attachments

• Hally1.jpg
    Hally1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 42
  • Hally2.jpg
    Hally2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto... 2 kids, 2 dogs & 1 cat, but no wife?! :laughing7: :hello:

I was thinking base of a fuse as well, I've found these on old home sites too. :thumbsup:
Dave

Upvote 0
Thanks all. I will mark this solved.

Antiquarian, thanks for the welcome. Funny thing is, I entered the letters wrong. It should be 2k2c1d, but I was too lazy to change it after I made my first post.

I love how you assumed that I was a guy!! Gals can metal detect too!:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Thanks all. I will mark this solved.

Antiquarian, thanks for the welcome. Funny thing is, I entered the letters wrong. It should be 2k2c1d, but I was too lazy to change it after I made my first post.

I love how you assumed that I was a guy!! Gals can metal detect too!:icon_thumleft:

Of course you're right, my apologizes for assuming you were male.
You know what they say... "assuming is the mother of all screw-ups". :laughing7:

Best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing your finds!
Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back