California treasure??

OP
OP
Z

zachadam41

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
My friend is very skeptical because he worries about if the reward is worth the risk. He says, that it costs way to much to treasure hunt, but I feel the experience is well worth it (am I right?). What are your thoughts on treasure hunting?

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually when I'm out with my detector and have head phones on I seem to block out the world. Everything else is forgotton for a time and it's extremely relaxing to me. Anything I find is just a plus.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zach, if you are doing this to get rich , then i say forget it and move on to something else that gets your attention.
and i hope that does not sound mean , but i read on here about people that have done this for years and have never got rich.
they do it for the Adventure of finding something that no one has seen for 1 to a hundreds of years . some items that are found are worth a little bit , and if you do well and are lucky you could pay back the investment of the MD in a year or 2 ....but most people do not do this to find stuff to sell......

OP
OP
Z

zachadam41

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Thank u all for the advice. But one more question. When u go treasure hunting, is it truly an adventure? Or is it more like a hiking trip?

OP
OP
Z

zachadam41

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Oops my bad, the treasure I was talking about is cache hunting. To me being able to find buried treasure means outsmarting the one who buried it, and I like that kinda challenge. And to go find it I want to be able to go on adventure. To be able to tell stories to my kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread