What's new

Campground Spill

AugustMoose87

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
446
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was working a modern campground, more to get a fell for my new detector than anything else. I did OK on clad and pulls tabs, considering I've been over the area a few times. I was hoping the Xterra 705 with a 18.75KhZ coil would help me find one of the lost gold rings reported there, but no such luck today. I was walking from the truck to a picnic table to rest and hydrate, when the sun hit a nickel just right...
ATTACH]


Reached down to pick it up and realized it wasn't alone...
ATTACH]


And before I even picked any of them up, I eye-spied my 4th wheat!
ATTACH]
 
Upvote 24
The random wheatie...love eye-spying 'em too.
 
Hello AugustMoose87,

Nice coin spill! They are so much fun to discover.

My best was 139 Lincoln cents 5 inches below the surface. They were in a 12" +/- circle, with 40 Wheat cents (all in the forties) in the spill. I have no idea how they got there, but sure glad my coil had the pleasure of crossing their path.

Regards,

Doc
 
Nice one! 🙌 I love spills...last year I had a twelve, an eleven, 2 tens, an eight, 2 sevens and a five.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom