What's new

✅ SOLVED Can anyboddy tell me what I found today?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,352
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
no date, measures 38.1 mm. reeded edge, non-magnetic .. looks like silver, but I haven't had it tested. The front is more true to the color. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • silver.webp
    silver.webp
    168.2 KB · Views: 162
Looks like a circulated 1 oz silver round
 
Upvote 0
Odd though, having trouble finding an exact match... the similar ones say “silver trade unit” at the bottom. Hmm...
 
Upvote 0
Odd though, having trouble finding an exact match... the similar ones say “silver trade unit” at the bottom. Hmm...

I haven't been able to find a match yet either. I appreciate your efforts.
 
Upvote 0
Someone may of carried it in their pocket for years for good luck or something or it may be a fake
 
Upvote 0
Someone may of carried it in their pocket for years for good luck or something or it may be a fake

Or it could be a fake that someone carried in their pocket for years . :tongue3: . Got me .. I think am going to go have it tested tomorrow. We shall see.

I did try the ice test, and the cube started to melt instantly.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's confirmed .. It's silver!
 
Upvote 0
Search 'Parliament Morgan Liberty'. I found the exact scale and lettering but with an eagle on the obverse.

I also found the almost exact Morgan Liberty obverse with an eagle on the reverse.

But I can't find the combination you have. :icon_scratch: The coins were minted in the early to mid 1980's.

20130513_204040.webp

Morgan-Style-1-Troy-Ounce-999-Fine-Silver.webp
 
Upvote 0
Search 'Parliament Morgan Liberty'. I found the exact scale and lettering but with an eagle on the obverse.

I also found the almost exact Morgan Liberty obverse with an eagle on the reverse.

But I can't find the combination you have. :icon_scratch: The coins were minted in the early to mid 1980's.


Nice research, Matt! I appreciate that!. :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Thats awesome I saw one like that on this site last night while browsing when I cant sleep Ill see if I can find it
 
Upvote 0
BIG nice round of silver! Congratulations. That does seem to be an unusual one.
 
Upvote 0
our club has rounds make to give away for prizes,
cool find brad
 
Upvote 0
There are thousands of variations of silver rounds. Not surprising that you can't find an exact match.
 
Upvote 0
There are thousands of variations of silver rounds. Not surprising that you can't find an exact match.

In looking on line, it doesn't appear as though there are thousands of variations with the Morgan obverse, but I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom