What's new

Can anyone identify this bracelet?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this at an old homesite over the weekend. The site dates back to the late 1700s and is still occupied today. By the looks of it I would guess possibly 1940s -50s but I couldn't find anything similar online. I dug things from various time periods so it's hard to say. I would really like to know more about it if anyone has any information about it. Sorry there aren't more pics. I did not see any markings on it anywhere. If more pictures are required I will post more. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20190714_180802.webp
    20190714_180802.webp
    196.3 KB · Views: 126
More pics... & what's it made of
Front and back and close-up of the links.
 
Upvote 0
Its a NA tourist piece.

Have had several over the years... plated and sterling.

PS... these were common and popular.
 
Upvote 0
Ive found many just like it also
 
Upvote 0
That's a beautiful bracelet find Ben. :thumbsup:
Based on the style and the silver or nickel plating on brass I would assume, my guess would be late-Deco Period (1930s - 40s).

"Art Deco was not a single style, but a collection of different and sometimes contradictory styles. Art Deco, sometimes referred to as Deco, is a style of visual arts, architecture and design that first appeared in France just before World War I. Art Deco influenced the design of buildings, furniture, jewelry, fashion, cars, movie theaters, trains, ocean liners, and everyday objects such as radios and vacuum cleaners. In architecture, Art Deco was the successor to and reaction against Art Nouveau, a style which flourished in Europe between 1895 and 1900, and also gradually replaced the Beaux-Arts and neoclassical that were predominant in European and American architecture.

In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, the Art Deco style became more subdued. New materials arrived, including chrome plating, stainless steel, and plastic. A sleeker form of the style, called Streamline Moderne, appeared in the 1930s; it featured curving forms and smooth, polished surfaces. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, but its dominance ended with the beginning of World War II and the rise of the strictly functional and unadorned styles."

Dave
 
Upvote 0
NA = Native American... 1950-60's... to present day.

"Pierced plates"

tsinbracelet2-510x578.webp
 
Upvote 0
That's a beautiful bracelet find Ben. :thumbsup:
Based on the style and the silver or nickel plating on brass I would assume, my guess would be late-Deco Period (1930s - 40s).

"Art Deco was not a single style, but a collection of different and sometimes contradictory styles. Art Deco, sometimes referred to as Deco, is a style of visual arts, architecture and design that first appeared in France just before World War I. Art Deco influenced the design of buildings, furniture, jewelry, fashion, cars, movie theaters, trains, ocean liners, and everyday objects such as radios and vacuum cleaners. In architecture, Art Deco was the successor to and reaction against Art Nouveau, a style which flourished in Europe between 1895 and 1900, and also gradually replaced the Beaux-Arts and neoclassical that were predominant in European and American architecture.

In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, the Art Deco style became more subdued. New materials arrived, including chrome plating, stainless steel, and plastic. A sleeker form of the style, called Streamline Moderne, appeared in the 1930s; it featured curving forms and smooth, polished surfaces. Art Deco is one of the first truly international styles, but its dominance ended with the beginning of World War II and the rise of the strictly functional and unadorned styles."

Dave

Thanks for all of the information. I love learning all about the history of the things I find.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed response. It has been a busy few days. I really appreciate all of your posts and the information you provided.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a beauty someone was heart broken still is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom