🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Can anyone kindly assist me in the identification of this strange depiction?

Apr 2, 2024
Greetings fellow treasure hunters,
I have quite the mystery I need your help with!

The first photo is my original find, discovered over 15 years ago while metal detecting in Oklahoma, the second two photos were from a listing on an antique website I stumbled upon last year.

With my discovery of two more of these strange figures (which I swiftly purchased), I discovered that what I found all those years ago had once been a cufflink!

“Anson Pat. Pen.”, Reads the stamp along the inner wall of the cufflink.

The antique seller was unable to recognize or identify the depiction on the cufflink, stating that they have never seen a design like this before. The seller suggests they were likely manufactured in the 50s-60’s and that they are gold plated.

I contacted Anson Jewelry seeking help, but they do not have company records existing before 2012.

So here’s my issue, no one I’ve met, or spoken with, has ever seen anything resembling the depiction contained on these Cufflinks, and I am absolutely determined to get to the bottom of this.

I apologize if this isn’t the correct place to leave this inquiry, redirection or possible alternative resources anyone might be able to suggest would be deeply appreciated,

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5675.jpeg
    IMG_5675.jpeg
    574.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5732.jpeg
    IMG_5732.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 53

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi MysteriousGoldenFigure
Welcome to the "Show"!
These cufflinks as you showed were manufactured by Anson, which I believe were made to represent the Comic Book Character "Aquaman".
First Appearance:
MORE FUN COMICS #73 (1941)
"A founding member of the Justice League of America, Aquaman has fought alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman and held his own against the biggest threats the universe has ever seen. Despite being misunderstood by many as someone who merely “talks to fish,” Aquaman’s super-strength and fighting prowess alone make him a force to be reckoned with. His telepathic abilities make him one of the most powerful minds on the planet. If one chooses to underestimate the sea king, they do so at their own peril."
It was written that Poseidon entrusted him with his Trident shown on these cufflinks.
The 1994 comic edition has Aquaman missing his hand to a Pirrana which may also be shown within your cufflinks if your original cufflink was manufactured as soon as 1994.
I suppose he would not have been a major customer or a bright marketing idea for cufflinks as he would only have needed "one cufflink"?

I was unable to locate confirmation from a cufflink picture!

Aquaman.jpg

Upvote 4

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps it has some connection to an order such as these guys
Screenshot_20240402-221112~2.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MysteriousGoldenFigure
Apr 2, 2024
Aquaman is certainly a guess I haven’t heard! Although others have suggested a trident, candles/torches, a forked tail, a cornucopia, a crown, etc.

I’ve looked into various fraternal organizations, masonic orders, occult groups, still haven’t found anything quite like this depiction. 🤔

The search continues…

Upvote 1
OP
OP
MysteriousGoldenFigure
Apr 2, 2024
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions