What's new

Can I detect in the indian river? FLorida?

arsurfco

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hi Guys,

I'm new to all the rules and was wondering how I might go about finding the laws for detecting along the river. Let me know if you have any ideas or links.

Thanks,

Aaron R.
 
Sure Arsurfo,
Detect all you want. Just don't bring up anything over 50 years old. How can you tell??? Ask the state of Florida. Apparently the desk pushers in Tallahassee have all the answers. They just don't want to share them.
Aquanut
 
Yep, what Aquanaut said
 
Take the money and run!


Sorry- I mean, I have always been very interested in what lies in the Indian River opposite the Treasure Beaches.
 
Goodies do lie in the river but what lies there the most is .... MUD!
 
Jimi D Pirate said:
Goodies do lie in the river but what lies there the most is .... MUD!
If anything valuable ever ended up in the St Sebastian River it is well on it's way to a fill site. They've been dredging the Sebastian for 3 years...took out up to 12 feet of muck in places. The water still looks like coffee from the drainage from the Stick Marsh, but at least it is deeper.
 
If you do dig,dont kill any oysters and clams.
 
Jimi D Pirate said:
Goodies do lie in the river but what lies there the most is .... MUD!

Actually, just west of A1A barely, north of McLarty you'll find a very had rock bottom.
 
what ropesfish said.

Find dredge piles, and get them after a rain that washes off a layer of mud; that should tell you if the pile is interesting at all.

I found a beautiful half dime in a spoil pile, standing right up on a little pedestal of dirt. Made my day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom