What's new

Can I Take That Back?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I made it here to Clearwater Beach for a week. My first day out was this morning at the butt crack of dawn and it went downhill from the moment I stepped out the door onto the beach.

First my detector would not start up correctly. Then it did. Don't know what was up there other than it has been two years.

Second, I walk straight to the water and just when I get to the water, there is a towel laying there with car keys on it. I look up and see a guy swimming his head is barely out of the water but I saw him eventually. No big deal so far. I get in the water directly in front of the towel and start hunting around that area.

I have been there about 5 minutes when a couple calls to me. They are up on the beach where I entered the water. I have to take off the earphones and the woman is pointing toward the sand and asking me "Is this stuff yours?" I thought she was talking about the towel of course. I shook my head no. She then promptly bends over and picks up a necklace with a medallion attached and what I believe was a bracelet. I had moved abour ten yards from where I thought the towel was up on the beach. The necklace and bracelet was sitting in some seaweed. Obviously left there the day or night before by someone. I felt like an idiot! Good for them though. Metal detectorist 0 and beachcomers hit a homerun. I didn't ask what they had found and just pretended it was no big deal. Wish I could take that back!!!

Third. my detector starts acting up again. Later I figured it out. You need to charge your batteries stupid.

Well anyway the first day out sucked. Two earrings and two pairs of sunglasses and a nickle.

Tomorrow is another day!!!

DaChief
 
Upvote 0
Well that sucks! Would have been kinda hard to say "Oh yeah... I dropped all that jewelry". Karma baby....
 
When i saw what they picked up my hand would have flew to my neck..."OOOHHH..lordy,i didn't even know! And here's me searching for other peoples things while i'm losing my own stuff! Thanks so much for finding it,have a nice day!"
But then hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.Things can only get better mate! (or worse,if you detect after not charging ya batteries for 2 years!! lol)
 
Sorry Chief, Who knows, maybe the stuff belonged to them and they were testing you to see if you would take it. :dontknow:
 
Sorry DaChief, we all have days like this. I usually have lil kids bend down in front of me to retrieve a neckless they saw in the water. Now I wear Polarized sunglasses.
 
You did the right thing.

You told the truth.

Truth hurts, don't it? :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom