What's new

Can one have to many?

MightyMouse

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
I was wondering what others think about this... Can you own too many Metal Detectors?? I have 2 well 3 if you count the old Bounty Hunter Red Baron. Ones a land ones a beach/wader and well the Red baron is nice to look at lol. But was wondering what other think? Can we have too many lol
 
Depends really. Some on here have 5-10 detectors, but to me if you want to be serious then 3 at most will do. One for land, one for beach/sea, and a backup detector for if the other two break.
Too many tones/readings from too many detectors just gets very confusing in my opinion.
 
To me, the more you own, the less proficient you will be with anyone of them.

I agree with Dano. Have a land detector, and an inexpensive backup/loaner.

If you do a lot of gold prospecting, I can see a dedicated machine for that or if you go the beach frequently, a dedicated machine for that.

But owning 5-10? Hey, if that makes you happy, go for it! :icon_thumleft:
 
Lets see I have 3 water detectors. 2 whites and 1 Minelab 3 land detectors, 1 whites and 2 bounty hunters. Been thinking about getting another one. I thought about the
E-trac.....Matt.
 
nooooooooooooooo never lol I only have 1 .....the other 3 are just shadows hiding in the shop next to my roll away .
 
Hummm, Lets see for water I have 2 Excals one with a WOT, the other with SEF 12x15" Butterfly coil, a waterproof Sov GT with WOT, now for land I have another Sov GT with stock 10 inch, a WOT and a SEF 15x18" Butterfly coils and a Safari with the stock coil. I also have a Fisher 1235x with the freq shifter for competition hunts.

I could easily see myself adding one or two more if the right ones came along for the right price.....When I retire if I move to gold country I would certainly pick up a good gold detector......

How many rod and reels does a fisherman have, how many guns does a hunter have?
 
Different machines for different hunting environments, I can't think of any reason not to have as many as you may need for the kinds of hunting you are likely to do.
 
I have 4 salt water rods, 6 bass rods, and 8 trout rods....not counting fly fish gear....and that BARELY gets me by. None of them sit for very long. As they get worn out or tore up they're tossed and quickly replaced.

Here in California my clothing closet space is small with one light coat but living in 4 seasons states, my closet space was huge....short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, flannel shirts, quilted shirts, light coat, medium coat, light parka, heavy parka...and I used them all.

However, with photography, even though I mostly used two 35mm cameras, one 6x6 camera, and one 4x5 camera, I owned nine more that were "collected" as mint condition antiques that I loved.

I have an ACE 250 and a Vaquero and am saving up clad (again) for a Sand Shark. So far I don't have any "collected"....just what I need. If I owned 30, it would be fine if I was "collecting". No one told me that HOARDING would be so FUN!!
 
4 guns...25 rod and reel combos....2 detectors.....time to get some new detectors. :wink:
 
Like golf clubs you need a bag full of different machines for different shots.
I have 9:

Competition hunting: Tesoro Conquistador & Fisher 1235X as a back up.
Water Hunting fresh water: Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280X.
Water Hunting salt water and super mineralization: Whites Surfmaster Pulse Induction.
Tot Lots: Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Prism 1 with a Bigfoot Coil.
Park hunting deep silver: Fisher CZ5 & CZ6.
Night beach Hunting: Fisher Coinstrike.
Regular beach hunting: Fisher CZ6 hip mounted.
 
:icon_thumleft:

And there are some who like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it.

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

And there are some who like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it.

SS

A sniper never uses a pistol or shotgun. He needs a high powered rifle with a scope. Radically different situations require different machines. Super high mineralization like we have in our Sierra Nevada Mountains sometimes require a pulse induction unit when water hunting. None of the VLF machines will work in the harsh mineralized environment. In competition hunting you need something very light in weight, and simple to use.
 
i have 5 one new white and 4 old antiques that i love to play with every so often. i seem to keep buying them everytime i see one forsale at flea markets and garage sales i think I'm addicted at lest that's what my wife thinks :dontknow:
 
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

And there are some who like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it.

SS

Depends on what your hunting, .......or worse, what is hunting you.......... :o
 
Years back I went into a hardware to buy a mouse trap...and found they only had 1 trap in stock...

The salesman said that 1 wasn't enough...

I told him that I had only 1 mouse...

Went home and loaded it with peanut butter...placed it under the sink...set the spring and within 10 minutes I had caught the lil bugger...

Moral to the story...the single trap fit my needs... :coffee2:
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

And there are some who like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it.

SS

Depends on what your hunting, .......or worse, what is hunting you.......... :o
Then this would be the one gun I would chose :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • Vulcan_Raven_49acc4d45cb31.webp
    Vulcan_Raven_49acc4d45cb31.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 173
Cool Hand Fluke said:
Silver Searcher said:
:icon_thumleft:

And there are some who like two guns. But one's all you need if you can use it.

SS

A sniper never uses a pistol or shotgun. He needs a high powered rifle with a scope. Radically different situations require different machines. Super high mineralization like we have in our Sierra Nevada Mountains sometimes require a pulse induction unit when water hunting. None of the VLF machines will work in the harsh mineralized environment. In competition hunting you need something very light in weight, and simple to use.
Well in all the situations you just described, there is proberbly only I couldn't use my XP in, thats fully imersible in the water. :thumbsup: I have used it in water up to below the Box. :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Any sniper who doesn't pack a sidearm or short range weapon is asking for trouble when that sneaky sentry pops out from behind a tree and pokes him in the eye with a stick! :wink:
 
Years ago a customer of mine had the top model from all the big names, Minelab, White's, Garrett etc. Even though he had alot of money invested I was glad because I got to try each out before I purchased my own. At the time the White's XLT was the top of the line.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom