What's new

Can someone help me date this locket?

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
176
Golden Thread
0
Location
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This afternoon I was hunting in an older neighborhood and found this
locket down about 7 inches in some really hard ground. Took it home and
cleaned it up a little and noticed it had a baby picture inside the glass cover.
The babys jumper looks like 1930's or 1940's style clothing but not sure. The
locket is about 1 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches and seems to be made of a pewter
like material with a design imprinted on the sides and back. If anyone can help
me put a date on this locket, I would be extremely happy. Thanks for looking.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 

Attachments

  • P8110008.webp
    P8110008.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 251
  • P8110007.webp
    P8110007.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 272
Hi Richard,

First off, let me congratulate you on a very cool find. I'd take that locket over a common date silver any day of the week.

Can you describe the photo a little bit? Specifically, does it look like a true color photo or a colorized photo? Wikipedia says that 35mm still color film became available in 1936, although I don't think it was too widespread. Pic's of my parents as babies, for example, were colorized black/white photos and this was in the late 1940's.

MP
 
Upvote 0
I didn't give you permission to use my picture, please delete :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Apears to be a print method, not photograph. Notice all the dots that make it up. I would say 1960 or later.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
1 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/2 is kinda big for a locket A..?
Big for a locket or not, that's what it measured. It seems kinda small for a picture stand/frame to me so I think it is a locket of some sort. I can't see how it opens to get the picture out or in and I don't want to do any prying on it yet. thanks for your input.
 
Upvote 0
mountainplayer said:
Hi Richard,

First off, let me congratulate you on a very cool find. I'd take that locket over a common date silver any day of the week.

Can you describe the photo a little bit? Specifically, does it look like a true color photo or a colorized photo? Wikipedia says that 35mm still color film became available in 1936, although I don't think it was too widespread. Pic's of my parents as babies, for example, were colorized black/white photos and this was in the late 1940's.

MP
When it comes to color pictures Aaron, I don't know that much about them. If you can make a guess from the pic I posted, have at it 'cus I don't know. Thanks......GN :hello:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom