What's new

"Cannon with Projectile" and "FoMoCo Frese"

SpyHunter

Full Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
182
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone recognise either of these peices. They were found very close together in a field in Germany known for US and British troop presence.

"Cannon with Projectile U.S."

and

"FoMoCo Frese 1143 8890"

Any help would be appreciated.

Also included is other find from today also.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 20190120_192303.webp
    20190120_192303.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190120_192236.webp
    20190120_192236.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20190120_182723.webp
    20190120_182723.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190120_182707.webp
    20190120_182707.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 143
You found some very nice things, congrats! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
Ford motor company, ,Jeep part ?
 
Upvote 0
Frese made valves .. wonder if it was one made for FoMoCo?
 
Upvote 0
First looks like part of a radiator or heater core.
 
Upvote 0
On the second piece, are you sure it says cannon? I can't make it out.
 
Upvote 0
I think the second one is a metal tag off of a munitions crate.
 
Upvote 0
On the second piece, are you sure it says cannon? I can't make it out.
Yes sir. It says cannon. Sorry my pictures aren't the best. I'm a "professional" metal detectorist, not photographer. Haha
 
Upvote 0
I think the second one is a metal tag off of a munitions crate.
I would have to agree. Hopefully I can find a picture of a good one or what type of box it could have come off of.
 
Upvote 0
Cool finds from Germany good IDs
 
Upvote 0
I agree that it probably came off a box, but if a cannon was in a box it would be small, like a signal cannon etc.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know what the 'cannon' item is but the FoMoCo item is part of a heat shield from a fairly modern vehicle.
 
Upvote 0
Is there a hint of words or letters towards the left of the cannon tag ?
Howitzer ammo crates are a possibility ?

cannon boxes.webp
 
Upvote 0
Is there a hint of words or letters towards the left of the cannon tag ?
Howitzer ammo crates are a possibility ?

View attachment 1673670
No sir. That's all it says. Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this message for some reason. I actually have found another one in similar condition since this post.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom