What's new

Canvas fountain pen advertising piece

Scotty14

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Bought this from a guy who found it hanging behind a wall he tore out in a old building here in town. Measures 21"x 60" and I think it's damn cool!! Any info from anyone would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image-1242911084.webp
    image-1242911084.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 203
Hello,
I noticed you advertising poster is a beauty, also the pen advertised is a
Watermen pen, I'm pretty sure, I collect old pens and if you can look,
At the nib of the pen"tip" lol
See if it says watermen on the gold face, if so then look up
Advertising posters for watermen pens, if not let me know if there is any other writings on it and I'll check my collection to see if I can find a match for you. Hope this helps???
Let me know,

Thanks
Take care

Steve/OU812
 
It doesn't say waterman, the nib says "solid gold 14k" ... I think it was a generic pen maybe depicting a waterman? What time period do you think that waterman model pen was popular?
 
The watermen pen was developed in 1884 known as
"Ideal Pen Company"
Then changed to
"Le Watermen Company"
In 1888, they are still in business today, they started getting huge by 1913,
And by 1926 they were world known for the next 30+years
And continue to produce some of the finest writing instruments today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom