What's new

Canyonlands National Park

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally I don't go to national parks, but the entry fee for this one is I believe $30 and I get in free so why not check it out again. Name says it all. We went in on the north end. This place gets a lot of traffic but nothing compared to Arches and no timed entry. Little tough finding a parking spot at some of the more popular view points, but still a pleasant 12 mile drive and lots of scenery.
6-6uuuu.webp
6-6vvvv.webp
6-6wwww.webp
6-6xxxx.webp
6-6zzzz.webp
 
I think the best way to see this north area of the park is to plan to camp in that Island in the Sky campground. I checked it out, wasn't that crowded at all, FCFS (a plus) $15 a night (I'll pay $7.50). Then you can hike four or five miles any direction, see all the views, and not worry about a place to park.
 
We did not get to see this part when were out there 7 years ago so hope there is a next time. From Moab, crossed the La Sal mtns, will never forget that and Castle valley, Arches. Thank you for posting this.
 
Generally I don't go to national parks, but the entry fee for this one is I believe $30 and I get in free so why not check it out again.
If you go to national parks frequently (or would like to), they have an annual all park pass for $80, which is good for any of the national parks for a year. If you're over 62 years old, you can get a lifetime pass for $80, which is good for life.
 
I got the lifetime pass robertk and actually it was $100. Still, I have made that money back. I get into national parks for free, and any time I camp in federal campgrounds, I pay half price. Just last week I saved 70 bucks. I would recommend getting that to anybody that's eligible.
 
I got the lifetime pass robertk and actually it was $100. Still, I have made that money back.
Oh absolutely. At $35 per park per week, you’d come out way ahead in no time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom